Flat River Museum

Flat River Museum

Visit our Capital Campaign

 Click here for: Calendar of Events

Sandy is getting a workout at the Museum!


Who said we didn’t have a working Board 

Landscapers were short 400 bricks so we  had to get together and go get more bricks for them to finish the project this fall before it freezes.

Marshall brought his tractor with forks and Robin brought the truck  and they pitched in.  They were suppose to get ready for a trip but instead they helped us.  Thank you Robin and Marshall.

New displays

Formed in 1967, the Flat River Historical Society & Museum drew up a mission to preserve, advance, and disseminate knowledge of the history of Montcalm County, as well as the portions of Ionia and Kent County contiguous to the Flat River. As an institution of education, the Flat River Historical Society and Museum fosters a community connection while challenging the minds of learners of all ages.

Our exhibits include original items and artifacts touching on many periods of history including:

  • Native American life
  • Fur trade and the Flat River
  • Lumbering and logging
  • Farming and agriculture
  • Businesses and industry
  • Entertainment and pastimes

Special award given to the Flat River Historical Society Museum by the Greenville Area Chamber of Commerce In January 2018

Our Community Impact

The Flat River Historical Society and Museum feels strongly about the educational and recreational needs of the community and welcomes a diverse audience. Our 2016 season brought in over 1,500 visitors through group and individual attendance.

The museum offers the following special community events during our season:

Flat River Historical Society & Museum

213 N. Franklin Street

Greenville, Michigan

(616) 754-5296 or (616) 894-1783

Hours: Saturday & Sundays 2:00 to 4:30 P.M.

We are open by appointment for special occasions and groups.